Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Journey with A Story

I was running late for the train from Kacheguda. I was 20 minutes away from the station and the auto, I was travelling in, was struck in the traffic jam. On arriving on the platform 1, I realised the train had started rolling out of platform 3. I rushed for the train, asking a coolie to help me with my luggage. I ran and got into the train but my luggage was not as fast as me. The coolie person shouted out to me to pull the chain. Ah, a dream come true, from years of travelling, fancying the pulling of chain, at last it getting fulfilled. I religiously pulled the chain and the train screeches it selves to stop. My luggage in, I start racking my brains what should I tell when questioned. 5 officials, 3 in uniform n 2 plain clothed, appeared and there was a dog along too. One of them, a large one with a big moustache asks the million dollar question, “Eyavaru chain pull chesaru??”
Suddenly I found myself in a limelight position with everybody pointing their fingers to me... Heavens, for a moment I thought did I pull the chain of the train or did I commit a murder. After a short interrogation, I was relieved that I dint have to pay the fine as I stated a very lame excuse by presently it strongly.

Thus the journey to my home had become even more beautiful...

Deepti, thanks for telling your experience. Thank heavens I am not the actor of the above explained scenario...

No comments: